The Collective NY seeks submissions for the fourth annual Collective:10. Original 10-minute plays will be selected to premiere in a fully produced Fall run at a prominent Manhattan venue and published in The Collective:10 Play Anthology, Vol. 4.
Plays should engage truthful and behavior-driven storytelling. We are seeking new plays that have not been produced or published, nor planned for production or publication, prior to submission. Production counts as having been presented in multiple performances without scripts in hand. (Readings, workshops and workshop productions are excluded and plays that have received such are eligible for submission).
We use a blind submission process. After registering you will be sent instructions about where to submit your play. To preserve the anonymity of your submission:
Remove all appearances of your name and personal information from the submission copy.
Place your submission number (order #) in the upper right hand corner of the first page of your submission copy.
Save your submission copy as a PDF, using your submission number as the filename.
We will accept play submissions from registered writers up through April 1, 2015.
For submissions of multiple plays by the same writer/author, please register each play separately and use each play's individual assigned order number.
Finally, the boring-but-all-important legalese:
As producing artists, we make every effort to ensure that your rights and interests are protected.
By submitting your play to Collective:10, you agree that:
1. You warrant and represent that the material submitted is original to you and that you are the sole author and owner of all intellectual property rights related to the material; moreover, the material has not been licensed or authorized for use by any other party than The Collective.
2. If your play is selected, The Collective, a non-profit in the state of NY, will produce the play one or several times over a 30-day period in 2015, at neither costs nor profits to the author(s).
3. You agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless The Collective, its Board, and its members against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses arising out of the submission of your material to, as well as its production by, The Collective.
4. If your play is selected, The Collective may publish the play in an anthology corresponding to the production, at neither costs nor profits to the author(s), and publishing would be accompanied by a separate licensing agreement.
5. The Collective and its members constantly receive and review various materials for the purpose of producing and performing in various media. As a result, any similarity between your submitted material and materials being considered, produced or performed, currently or in the future, by The Collective or its members is coincidental; moreover, you waive all right to bring claims in any court against The Collective or its members in any action related to the submitted material alleging infringement of any intellectual property rights.
6. The Collective can use your name, image and likeness in print and electronic materials for promotional purposes. If your play is selected, you will receive billing (typographical credit) on all publicity, programs, and advertising distributed or authorized by The Collective and/or the production venue.
7. You retain script approval and ownership of any suggested changes arising out of the rehearsal process.
8. You, the author(s), retain all rights, title, and interest in and to the submitted work except that The Collective may use excerpts from the work in promotions.
9. The selection decisions of The Collective are final, and The Collective is under no obligation to produce or publish any submission.
10. If selected for production and/or publishing, future publishings/productions of this play will reference this inaugural appearance with The Collective with the following language: [submitted title of play], by [author], was first presented by The Collective in 2016.