NEWSLETTER - Week of April 17, 2017
1 // STAY UP-TO-DATE with COLLECTIVE NY FILMS
- "Turtleface" will screen on Saturday 4/22 at 5pm at the Myrtle Beach International Film Festival. This is the sixth festival appearance for the C:10 original play and film written by Member David Thigpen, directed by Founding Member Kevin Kane, produced by Members Tina S. Yeh and Lisa K. Price, featuring Ensemble Members Swann Gruen and Naomi Warner, and designed by Ensemble Members Maggie Champagne and Booker Garrett. The short has garnered three awards thus far on its journey.
- We have a couple all-access filmmaker badges. Email email@example.com if you want to attend.
- "Uncle Silas" will screen at the Unrestricted View Film Festival in London, England, on April 30th. Members Rebecca Brillhart and Emma Canalese will be in attendance.
- "Park Slope Minstrel Show" is in pre-production. The project will be directed by Ensemble Member Chris Beetem and features Ensemble Members Sayra Player and Joe McCarthy. If you want to help with preproduction or at the actual shoot email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
2 // KEEP UP with MEMBER UPDATES
- Founding Members Amy Schumer and Kevin Kane have signed on to co-produce the film "I Feel Pretty" for Wonderland Sound & Vision and Voltage Pictures.
- Ensemble Member Marcus Naylor opens next Tuesday as MacDuff in the Shakespeare Theatre Company's MACBETH in Washington D.C. Visit Shakespearetheatre.org for more info.
- Ensemble Member Lacy Marie Meyer is in the indie feature "American Fango" screening this Friday 4/21 at 9pm at The Cinema Village Theatre (22 East 12th St.)
- The Membership Committee is in talks with Alaine Aldaffer (Head of Casting at Playwrights Horizons) and Deb Jackel (The William Esper Studio) to hold another one of their Empowerment Workshops for The Collective in late summer. The Collective hosted this workshop two years ago and the members who participated found it a transforming experience.
- THE PROFANE at Playwrights Horizons featuring Ensemble Member Francis Benhamou was a NY Times "Critic's Pick" and performances have just been extended into May. For more information: playwrightshorizons.org
- See a calendar of Member and colleague shows and events outside The Collective PLUS Member recommendations for things to do and see. View the External Events Calendar
3 // GET A JOB and GET SOME FACE TIME
- If any actors would like to make extra money portraying a witness in a Law Firm Deposition Training 6/21-6/22 ($200 for one role, $450 for two roles) contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Collective Membership Committee weekly meeting is Mondays 6-7pm, prior to the Monday session, in the Collective office. The doors are always open for any Member to join in and participate. Ask questions, complain, compliment, give feedback, get more information about Collective activities, process, procedure, etc. -- anything. Check in with us.
4 // HAVE NEWS? LET US KNOW.
Deadline: Tuesdays, end of day
- If you have updates, news, a show to announce, or a question to pose to the larger group of company members, please submit your requests each week by end of day Tuesday (latest) for possible inclusion in the weekly newsletter. (Not all information submitted will appear in the newsletter.)
- If you have questions or problems using the form to submit, please contact Booker or Robert.
- Member updates are curated by the Membership Committee, and not all updates submitted will appear in the newsletter.
4/22 "Turtleface" screens at Myrtle Beach International Film Festival.
4/30 "Uncle Silas" screens at Unrestricted View Film Festival in London.