1 // STAY UP-TO-DATE with COLLECTIVE NY FILMS
- "Uncle Silas" will screen at the Unrestricted View Film Festival (@UViewFF) in London, England, on April 30th. #UVFF Members Rebecca Brillhart and Emma Canalese will be in attendance.
- Along with "Park Slope Minstrel Show", discussion has begun to film two other C:10 plays "Casey229" by Elin Hampton and "Dead Monkey" by Mark Borkowski. Any member wanting to join the team to help get these films made and begin fundraising please contact CollectiveNYFilms@gmail.com
2 // KEEP UP with MEMBER UPDATES
- Member Nina Mehta was featured in a Buzzfeed round-up of guest stars on GIRLS - Check out #39!
- Ensemble Member Booker Garrett worked on the Series "Odd Mom Out" this past week. She will appear on Episode 8 later in the season.
- The Feature Film "Maggie Black", starring Ensemble Member Chris Beetem, had its world premiere at the Julien Dubuque International FF last week.
- Ensemble Member Laith Nakli is on location in Fort Hood, Texas shooting The Long Road Home, an event series for Nat Geo, for the next two months. Long Road home also stars Michael Kelly and May Calamity (who was in Max Gill's We The people piece in November)
- Writers Guild Members Vote for Strike Authorization With 96% Support. Variety - Writers Guild Votes Strike. Click here for Article If you are not clear on what that exactly means, you need to be. Feel free to stop by the Collective Membership Committee for more info Monday 6pm-7pm in the Office.
- If you already had your meeting with the Collective Membership Committee please get your requested materials back as ASAP.
- Ensemble Member Marc Menchaca appears as Bigfoot Wallace Saturdays on AMC's The Son 9/8c!
- Founding Members Amy Schumer and Kevin Kane have signed on to co-produce the film "I Feel Pretty" for Wonderland Sound & Vision and Voltage Pictures.
- The Membership Committee is in talks with Alaine Aldaffer (Head of Casting at Playwrights Horizons) and Deb Jackel (The William Esper Studio) to hold another one of their Empowerment Workshops for The Collective in late summer. The Collective hosted this workshop two years ago and the members who participated found it a transforming experience.
- THE PROFANE at Playwrights Horizons featuring Ensemble Member Francis Benhamou has been extended until May 7th. For more information: playwrightshorizons.org
- See a calendar of Member and colleague shows and events outside The Collective PLUS Member recommendations for things to do and see. View the External Events Calendar
3 // THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX and GET SOME FACE TIME
- Michael Abbott Jr. has found an opportunity we could apply for in the near future. A project can be submitted to be considered for viewing this summer in the Amphitheater on the water in Williamsburg. It is a not a money making venture, but would be a lot of exposure. If anyone has any ideas for proposals we could perform there hop to it and send then to firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for proposals is May 30th.
- The Collective Membership Committee weekly meeting is Mondays 6-7pm, prior to the Monday session, in the Collective office. The doors are always open for any Member to join in and participate. Ask questions, complain, compliment, give feedback, get more information about Collective activities, process, procedure, etc. -- anything. Check in with us.
4 // HAVE NEWS? LET US KNOW.
Deadline: Tuesdays, end of day
- If you have updates, news, a show to announce, or a question to pose to the larger group of company members, please submit your requests each week by end of day Tuesday (latest) for possible inclusion in the weekly newsletter. (Not all information submitted will appear in the newsletter.)
- If you have questions or problems using the form to submit, please contact Booker or Robert.
- Member updates are curated by the Membership Committee, and not all updates submitted will appear in the newsletter.
4/30 "Uncle Silas" screens at Unrestricted View Film Festival in London.