NEWSLETTER - Week of May 15, 2017
1 // KEEP UP with MEMBER UPDATES
Ensemble Member Nina Mehta was interviewed for episode 29 of the "That's Unusual" podcast (www.thatsunusualpodcast.com) where she talks about being an artist. She discusses The Collective, Collective Mondays, and "Inside Amy Schumer." Here's the iTunes Link and the YouTube link - Twitter (@unusualinc)
- Ensemble Member Casey Webb has been named host of the new season of the pop culture phenomenon "Man vs. Food" on the Travel Channel. Read about it HERE.
- Members: please remember to report updates to email@example.com
- See a calendar of Member events outside The Collective, PLUS Member recommendations for things to do and see. View the External Events Calendar
2 // STAY UP-TO-DATE with COLLECTIVE NY FILMS
- "Turtleface" is screening at the Cape Fear Film Festival June 15-17 in Wilmington, NC. Email Lisa K if you want to attend and represent the company. She will set you up with badges.
- "Park Slope Minstrel Show" by C:10 writer Eleanor Burgess, directed by Ensemble Member Chris Beetem and featuring fellow Ensemble Members Sayra Player and Joe McCarthy, films this Saturday, May 20th.
- "Uncle Silas" is having its New York City premiere at the Sunshine Cinema as part of The New York Shorts Fest (Program 8) Thursday, June 1st at 7:45pm. Click HERE for tickets.
- "Uncle Silas" has also been accepted into the SOHO International Film Festival. "Turtleface" won Best Short there last year.
3 // THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX and GET SOME FACE TIME
- We are looking for a new venue for our C:10.5 production this Fall. Let us know if you have any leads on theaters or other non-traditional spaces that could be used. The C:10 Production Team (Ava, Brian H., David J., Sayra and Robert) will have information about which spaces have already been contacted, and can follow up with any new leads. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensemble Member Michael Abbott Jr. has found an opportunity we could apply for in the near future. A project can be submitted to be considered for viewing this summer in the Amphitheater on the water in Williamsburg. It is a not a money-making venture, but would be a lot of exposure. If anyone has any ideas/proposals for what we could perform there, hop to it and send them to email@example.com. Deadline for proposals: May 30th.
- The Collective Membership Committee weekly meeting is Mondays from 6-7pm, prior to the Monday session, in the Collective office. The doors are always open for any Member to participate. Ask questions, complain, compliment, give feedback, get more information about Collective activities, process, procedures, etc. -- anything. Check in with us.
4 // HAVE NEWS? LET US KNOW.
Deadline: Tuesdays, end of day
- If you have updates, news, a show or event to announce, or a question to pose to the larger group of company members, please submit your requests each week by end of day Tuesday (latest) for possible inclusion in the weekly newsletter. (Not all information submitted will appear in the newsletter.)
- If you have questions or problems using the form to submit, please contact Booker or Robert.
- Member updates are curated by the Membership Committee, and not all updates submitted will appear in the newsletter.
6/1 "Uncle Silas" NYC Premiere -- Sunshine Cinema, New York, NY, @ 7:45pm
6/15-17 "Turtleface" at Cape Fear Film Festival -- Wilmington, NC