NEWSLETTER - Week of May 8, 2017
1 // KEEP UP with MEMBER UPDATES
- "Snatched" produced by Founding Members Amy Schumer and Kevin Kane opens this Friday May 12th.
- Ensemble Member Chris Beetem will premiere in the film "Beneath Fiery Skies" in Festival de Cannes on May 25th.
- Ensemble Member Michael Abbott Jr. will premiere in "And Then I Go" at the LA Film Festival in June and will also be in the New American Cinema Competition at the Seattle International Film Festival on June 2nd, 8th and 10th.
- Member Bettina Bilger is featured in the short film "Etymology" at the Soho International Film Festival.
Geoff Poppler, Swann Gruen, Lacy Marie Meyer and Ben Jacobsen filmed Liza Colby Sounds music video "My World" Sunday with Mighty Lucky Production company.
- Mark Normand's comedy special "Don't Be Yourself" premieres at midnight on Friday, May 12th. The special (produced by Founding Members Amy Schumer and Kevin Kane) is the comedian's first full-hour special. Mark was a performer in our 2015 production C:10 COMEDY.
- Ensemble Member Laith Nakli stars in Doug Liman's "The Wall" which opens nationwide this Friday, May 12th.
- If you already had your meeting with the Collective Membership Committee please get your requested materials back ASAP.
- Members: please remember to report updates to email@example.com
- See a calendar of Member events outside The Collective, PLUS Member recommendations for things to do and see. View the External Events Calendar
2 // STAY UP-TO-DATE with COLLECTIVE NY FILMS
- "Turtleface" has been accepted into the Cape Fear Film Festival in Wilmington, NC.
3 // THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX and GET SOME FACE TIME
- Ensemble Member Michael Abbott Jr. has found an opportunity we could apply for in the near future. A project can be submitted to be considered for viewing this summer in the Amphitheater on the water in Williamsburg. It is a not a money-making venture, but would be a lot of exposure. If anyone has any ideas/proposals for what we could perform there, hop to it and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for proposals: May 30th.
- The Collective Membership Committee weekly meeting is Mondays from 6-7pm, prior to the Monday session, in the Collective office. The doors are always open for any Member to participate. Ask questions, complain, compliment, give feedback, get more information about Collective activities, process, procedures, etc. -- anything. Check in with us.
4 // HAVE NEWS? LET US KNOW.
Deadline: Tuesdays, end of day
- If you have updates, news, a show to announce, or a question to pose to the larger group of company members, please submit your requests each week by end of day Tuesday (latest) for possible inclusion in the weekly newsletter. (Not all information submitted will appear in the newsletter.)
- If you have questions or problems using the form to submit, please contact Booker or Robert.
- Member updates are curated by the Membership Committee, and not all updates submitted will appear in the newsletter.
5/10 "Snatched" -- World Premiere in LA.
5/12 Mark Normand's "Don't Be Yourself" premieres
5/12 "The Wall" in theaters nationwide