NEWSLETTER - Week of July 31st, 2017 - DOUBLE ISSUE
1 // IF YOU DO ONLY THREE THINGS THIS WEEK...
- REACH OUT WITH A TEN-MINUTE PLAY CHALLENGE TO AT LEAST ONE POTENTIAL NEW VOICE FOR THIS YEAR'S C:10 ---
SUBMISSIONS DUE BY AUGUST 16 (TWO WEEKS FROM NOW)
In the interest of expanding the stories we can tell and the communities we can engage, we would like to make one final TARGETED push to invite playwrights in your network with diverse, unique perspectives and stories to submit short plays in the hopes of making a connection. Please do not broadcast a call for submissions. Contact specific people you want to personally invite to submit.
As always, plays should be truthful, behavior-driven and active. Human. Essential. Inclusive.
We are interested in making connections, regardless of whether specific submissions are ultimately selected. And, we can provide a space for new voices and audiences beyond C:10. No final programming decisions have yet been made about this Fall's productions. And this targeted call for additional submissions is not a judgment about our long-term writers, nor the quality of the plays that have thus far been submitted. It is purely an opportunity to grow our network and our perspectives in pursuit of our mission of access and inclusion.
Have your contacts send YOU any submissions, and then, after you have read the pieces yourself, forward on to Sayra any plays you would like to put into consideration. If you don't feel a particular play is right, we are still interested in developing relationships with writers who you feel we should have on our radar.
- GET CONNECTED on SOCIAL MEDIA
Recently we featured Marc Menchaca, last week was Lacy Marie Meyer, this week we will feature Nina Mehta and next will be Casey Webb.
Be sure that you are connected to ALL these Ensemble Members on your social media accounts.
- Marc Menchaca: TWITTER @marcmenchaca // INSTAGRAM mgmenchaca // FACEBOOK marc.menchaca.5
- Lacy Marie Meyer: TWITTER @lacymariemeyer // INSTAGRAM lacemariem // FACEBOOK lacy.m.meyer
- Nina Mehta: TWITTER @Ladi_Nina // INSTAGRAM msmehtaifyourenasty // FACEBOOK nina.m.mehta
- Casey Webb: TWITTER @caseyscall // INSTAGRAM iamhusky4life // FACEBOOK caseyscall
Try posting some personal anecdote about each of them on your own social media accounts! DON'T FORGET TO TAG THE COLLECTIVE IN ALL YOUR POSTS ABOUT MEMBERS. That's how people find us and come to our shows!
TWITTER @Collectivenyorg // INSTAGRAM @collectivenyorg // FACEBOOK TheCollectiveNY
- ARCHIVE CHALLENGE: COLLECTIVE 10, 2013
This week, we are looking for any pictures or other materials from our first C:10 festival, back in 2013! This would include pictures from the plays themselves, as well as pictures of the McGinn/Cazale Theater, where the festival was held.
- Please submit all materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Members can also upload photos any materials directly through the Member Portal.
- Please submit all materials to: email@example.com
2 // STAY UP-TO-DATE with MEMBER NEWS
- "Second Chance" starring Ensemble Member Lacy Marie Meyer is now available on iTunes.
Ensemble Members Amy Schumer and Kevin Kane began shooting "I Feel Pretty" last week with Voltage Pictures and producer McG. The film will also feature Ensemble Member John Norwell.
3 // COLLECTIVE NY FILMS - WHERE ARE WE NEXT?
- The "Dead Monkey" team is actively seeking one or two additional producers to lead pre-production and the logistical aspects during the shoot (dates TBD). The film was originally a play in our 3rd C:10 and will include Ensemble Members in various roles. Richard Masur, with the assistance of David Johnson, will direct Booker Garrett and Marc Menchaca in the piece written by Mark Borkowski. If you have interest in joining the team please email Booker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Quick Fix" will screen at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in LA as part of the Oscar-qualifying HollyShorts Film Festival on Sunday, August 13th at 10pm. Producer Nick Marshall and writer/director Brian Leider will attend.
- "Uncle Silas" has been accepted into the Marietta International Film Festival in Marietta, GA (Atlanta metropolitan area) and will screen at the festival September 9-10.
4 // MEMBERSHIP - KEEP US IN THE LOOP
- UPDATE YOUR SCHEDULE
REMINDER - Membership is keeping track of your AVAILABILITY. Are you out of town filming? Away for the summer?
Please EMAIL YOUR SCHEDULE so we can share up-to-date availability for the company. Let us be able to tell writers, development and outside producers when you are/aren't available. Send to: email@example.com
SUBMIT YOUR MEMBERSHIP MATERIALS
Please submit your headshot, resume, other photos and requested material to Collectivemembership@gmail.com. We need everyone's cooperation so we can get our online presence up to date fast.
- All membership updates need to be sent in by the Tuesday EOD deadline. If you do not submit by then it will go on the following week's newsletter (unless the date makes it obsolete). Members please report updates and "book out" by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- See a calendar of Member events outside The Collective, PLUS Member recommendations for things to do and see. View the External Events Calendar
5 // GET SOME FACE TIME
- The Collective Membership Committee weekly meeting is Mondays from 6-7pm, prior to the Monday session, in the Collective office. The doors are always open for any Member to participate. Ask questions, complain, compliment, give feedback, get more information about Collective activities, process, procedures, etc. -- anything. Check in with us.
6 // HAVE NEWS? LET US KNOW.
Deadline: Tuesdays, end of day
- DON'T FORGET TO SEND US YOUR NEWS SO EVERYONE IS IN THE KNOW!
- If you have updates, news, a show or event to announce, or a question to pose to the larger group of company members, please submit your requests each week by end of day Tuesday (latest) for possible inclusion in the weekly newsletter. (Not all information submitted will appear in the newsletter.)
- If you have questions or problems using the form to submit OR regarding communications in general:
- Member updates are curated by the Membership Committee, and not all updates submitted will appear in the newsletter.
NOW (Release Date: Friday 7.21.17) - Watch Ensemble Member Marc Menchaca in the new series "OZARK" on NETFLIX
Monday 8.7.17 - Season Premiere of "Man vs Food: Season 4" hosted by Ensemble Member Casey Webb
Monday 8.7.17 - Next Session
Sunday 8.13.17 - "Quick Fix" 10pm HollyShorts Film Festival screening at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in LA
Friday 9.8.17 - Sunday 9.10.17 - "Uncle Silas" at the Marietta International Film Festival in Atlanta