NEWSLETTER - Week of July 17, 2017
1 // IF YOU DO ONLY TWO THINGS THIS WEEK...
- GET CONNECTED on SOCIAL MEDIA
Last week, we were featuring Michael Abbott Jr., this week will feature Marc Menchaca and next week will be Lacy Marie Meyer.
Be sure that you are connected to ALL these Ensemble Members on your social media accounts.
- Michael Abbott Jr.: TWITTER @mykabit // INSTAGRAM deeznotdozenutz // FACEBOOK michael.j.abbott.7
- Marc Menchaca: TWITTER @marcmenchaca // INSTAGRAM mgmenchaca // FACEBOOK marc.menchaca.5
- Lacy Marie Meyer: TWITTER @lacymariemeyer // INSTAGRAM lacemariem // FACEBOOK lacy.m.meyer
While you're at it, why not post a little something from your account about each of them?
- ARCHIVE CHALLENGE: THE LESSON, 2007
This week, we are looking for any pictures or other materials from "The Lesson," our first production in 2007. Or any pictures from the now defunct Center Stage NY, where the production was mounted.
Please submit all materials to: email@example.com
Members can also upload photos any materials directly through the Member Portal.
2 // STAY UP-TO-DATE with MEMBER NEWS
- Ensemble Member and Collective writer Brandon T. Snider is appearing at San Diego Comic-Con International July 20th through 23rd. He'll be signing an assortment of his most recent books as well as appearing on the "It's a Funny Story..." panel alongside Jay Chandrasekhar, Fred Van Lente, Liz Climo, Gini Koch and Gabe Hudson. They'll discuss the challenges of creating humor for a variety of audiences.
- "Bottle Girl" written by Founding Members Brian Leider and Nick Marshall has been greenlit by MarVista Studios and will be filming in LA in September. Nick Marshall will appear in the role of Mickey.
- A monologue from Ensemble Member and Collective writer Mark Borkowski's play THE HEAD HUNTER is now available in "The Best Men's Stage Monologues 2016" (Smith & Kraus). The play has been produced numerous times since its original production in 2000 at The Common Basis Theatre in NYC. Backstage hailed it "One of the best plays of the year!" Available in all drama bookstores and online HERE.
- "Second Chance" starring Ensemble Member Lacy Marie Meyer is now available on iTunes.
- Ensemble Member Michael Abbott Jr. produced and starred in "In the Radiant City" which premiered last year at the Toronto International Film Festival. The film is now available for pre-order on iTunes (release date July 18th).
- Ensemble Member Nina Mehta recorded an audio play, "Rebuttal" by Jyotsna Hariharan and produced by HarperAudio, which is available for a free download. The play was the 2016 Grand Prize winner of the HarperAudio radio drama contest. The contest is open to currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students and alumni of Goldberg Department of Dramatic Writing at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, and the winner gets a publishing agreement with HarperCollins for an unabridged, multi-voice audio production. "Rebuttal" was published in Fall 2016.
- Ensemble member Maggie Champagne will appear in the London premiere of the feature film "Diane" as part of Horror Channel FrightFest 2017, August 24–28. This year the festival will take place in two cinemas – the Cineworld Empire, Leicester Square and The Prince Charles Cinema (PCC) Leicester Place. More info
3 // COLLECTIVE NY FILMS - WHERE ARE WE NEXT?
- "Quick Fix" will screen at Grauman's Chinese Theatre as part of the Oscar-qualifying HollyShorts Film Festival that runs Aug. 10-19. Program TBD.
- "Uncle Silas" has been accepted into the Marietta International Film Festival in Marietta, GA (Atlanta metropolitan area) and will screen at the festival September 9-10. More updates as we get closer to the event.
4 // MEMBERSHIP - KEEP US IN THE LOOP
- UPDATE YOUR SCHEDULE
REMINDER - Membership is keeping track of your AVAILABILITY. Are you out of town filming? Away for the summer?
Please EMAIL YOUR SCHEDULE so we can share up-to-date availability for the company. Let us be able to tell writers, development and outside producers when you are/aren't available. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SUBMIT YOUR MEMBERSHIP MATERIALS
Please submit your headshot, resume, other photos and requested material to Collectivemembership@gmail.com. We need everyone's cooperation so we can get our online presence up to date fast.
- All membership updates need to be sent in by the Tuesday EOD deadline. If you do not submit by then it will go on the following week's newsletter (unless the date makes it obsolete). Members please report updates and "book out" by sending an email to email@example.com
- See a calendar of Member events outside The Collective, PLUS Member recommendations for things to do and see. View the External Events Calendar
5 // GET SOME FACE TIME
- The Collective Membership Committee weekly meeting is Mondays from 6-7pm, prior to the Monday session, in the Collective office. The doors are always open for any Member to participate. Ask questions, complain, compliment, give feedback, get more information about Collective activities, process, procedures, etc. -- anything. Check in with us.
6 // HAVE NEWS? LET US KNOW.
Deadline: Tuesdays, end of day
- DON'T FORGET TO SEND US YOUR NEWS SO EVERYONE IS IN THE KNOW!
- If you have updates, news, a show or event to announce, or a question to pose to the larger group of company members, please submit your requests each week by end of day Tuesday (latest) for possible inclusion in the weekly newsletter. (Not all information submitted will appear in the newsletter.)
- If you have questions or problems using the form to submit OR regarding communications in general:
- Member updates are curated by the Membership Committee, and not all updates submitted will appear in the newsletter.
Friday 7.21.17: Watch Ensemble Member Marc Menchaca in the new series "OZARK" on NETFLIX
Monday 7.24.17 - COMPANY MEETING
- SPECIAL SESSION with EARLIER START TIME! Please arrive 30 MIN early so we can set up and start promptly at 7:40PM
- 7:40-9PM - Acting and Development Session
- 9-10PM - IMPORTANT MEETING WITH COMPANY MEMBERS