NEWSLETTER - Week of June 12, 2017
1 // GET SOCIAL for "SILAS"
See details in Film Section below about attending the screening of "Uncle Silas" this Saturday at SIFF in New York. In preparation, please take these simple steps now on social media:
- Check that you are connected to and/or following Ensemble Member Sayra Player on your social media accounts (instagram/sayraplayerbrodie, facebook/Sayra Player, twitter/@sayraplayer)
- Direct your friends and followers to the Facebook event which can be found at the top of The Collective page. Ask them to respond as "Going" regardless if they can actually make it.
- Share the event on your own page. When you do, add your own blurb about members of the cast/creative team, how it started as a C:10 play, etc.
- Include hashtags in your posts: #unclesilasfilm #soho8 #collectivenyfilms and mention/link to SOHO International Film Festival NYC (SOHOFilmFest)
2 // STAY UP-TO-DATE with COLLECTIVE NY FILMS
This past weekend "Uncle Silas" brought home the Jury prize for Best Short at the Albuquerque International Film & Music Experience with special guests T Bone Burnett, Jeff Bridges and Wes Studi in attendance.
IMPORTANT - "Uncle Silas" will screen at SIFF this Saturday: We are asking as many members as possible show up to Cinema Village this Saturday!!!
We need you to help us win the audience award! It would be great to win this award two years in a row!
- This Saturday, June 17th at 11am at Cinema Village East (189 2nd Ave) as a part of Soho International Film Festival. To buy tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/soho8-shorts-mercer-street-series-tickets-34761893760
- We want a big group gathering to happen for this screening. "Turtleface" won best short at this festival last year and we would love to have a big Collective presence and take a group photo on their red carpet. Stay tuned for details.
- "Turtleface" will screen at the Cape Fear international Film Festival on Friday, June 16th at 5:30 pm in Wilmington, NC. It will appear in the Blue Water Shorts Program and has been named a finalist in the best short competition. Nick Basta and Ensemble Member Khalil Muhammad will be on hand to represent The CollectiveNY and CollectiveNY Films.
- Tell all your NC friends to join them in attending the screening. TICKETS:https://filmfreeway.com/festival/CapeFearIndependentFilmFestival/tickets
- CollectiveNY Films is looking for full length feature scripts in the horror/psychological thriller genre. It would be to capitalize on an opportunity with a joint production company to make the film. To be clear we are looking for a high end concept script, not trashy horror, that would require the same level of process/workshop, same quality of acting that goes into all of our shorts. If you have a script or know of any you would like to pass on, please email it to CollectiveNYfilms@gmail.com and cc: Chris Beetem at email@example.com.
3 // KEEP UP with MEMBER UPDATES
- Ensemble Member Mark Borkowski returns as Ted Barnes in the just released Season 5 of "House of Cards."
- Ensemble Member Michael Abbott Jr.'s feature "In The Radiant City" premieres at the LA Film Festival this Friday.
- Spread the word - All of SEASON 4 of "Inside Amy Schumer" is now available on Amazon. Season 4 features our Ensemble Members Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Chris Beetem, Francis Benhamou, Karen Chamberlain, Maggie Champagne, Booker Garrett, Robert Z Grant, Swann Gruen, Brian Hotaling, Mike Houston, Rock Kohli, Lacy Marie Meyer, Khalil Muhammad, Laith Nakli, John Norwell, Sayra Player, Joan Porter, JB Roté, Brandon T. Snider, and Casey Webb.
- Ensemble Members Amy Schumer and Kevin Kane raised 25,000 dollars for Everytown for Gun Safety on "Celebrity Family Feud." Everytown proposes common sense gun legislation that both sides can agree on in order to reduce gun violence. Everytown partnered with "Inside Amy Schumer" on Season 4.
- Go to https://everytown.org for more information.
- HAVE YOU HAD YOUR MEMBERSHIP MEETING?
- If you haven't had your meeting with membership please reach out to schedule it. We want to move forward with rebranding/website relaunch! We can't do that until we meet with everyone.
All membership updates need to be sent in by the Tuesday EOD deadline. If you do not submit by then it will go on the following week's newsletter (unless the date makes it obsolete). Members please report updates and "book out" by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- See a calendar of Member events outside The Collective, PLUS Member recommendations for things to do and see. View the External Events Calendar
4 // THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX and GET SOME FACE TIME
SPACE...HELP!!!We LOST OUR SPACE FOR C:10.5.
- WE WONT HAVE A C:10 UNLESS WE HAVE A SPACE TO DO IT
- We are looking for a new venue for our C:10.5 production this Fall.
- If you have any leads on theaters or other non-traditional spaces that could be used...
- The C:10 Production Team (Ava, Brian H., David J., Sayra and Robert) will have information about which spaces have already been contacted, and can follow up with any new leads.
- Email email@example.com.
- The Collective Membership Committee weekly meeting is Mondays from 6-7pm, prior to the Monday session, in the Collective office. The doors are always open for any Member to participate. Ask questions, complain, compliment, give feedback, get more information about Collective activities, process, procedures, etc. -- anything. Check in with us.
5 // HAVE NEWS? LET US KNOW.
Deadline: Tuesdays, end of day
- DON'T FORGET TO SEND US YOUR NEWS SO EVERYONE IS IN THE KNOW!
- If you have updates, news, a show or event to announce, or a question to pose to the larger group of company members, please submit your requests each week by end of day Tuesday (latest) for possible inclusion in the weekly newsletter. (Not all information submitted will appear in the newsletter.)
- If you have questions or problems using the form to submit OR regarding communications in general:
- Member updates are curated by the Membership Committee, and not all updates submitted will appear in the newsletter.
(Ticket links to film festivals are in Film Section above)
6/17 "Uncle Silas" at the 2017 Soho International Film Festival @ 11am "Mercer Street" block
6/15-17 "Turtleface" at Cape Fear Film Festival -- Wilmington, NC