1 // MAKE SOME MOVES THIS WEEK
- Are you connected to ALL of our members on Social Media?
- Have you sent in ALL your MEMBERSHIP materials? If not we need them ASAP!
Is there anything you need help with? OR Who can you reach out to this week?
Have you watched or shared about Season 4 of "Inside Amy Schumer" on Amazon?
2 // STAY UP-TO-DATE with COLLECTIVE NY FILMS
- FESTIVAL UPDATES
"Turtleface" was a finalist for best short at the Cape Fear Film Festival in Wilmington, NC.
Thank you to everyone for the big showing at the Soho screening. The organizers and lot of filmmakers are very interested in our company as a result. Those that attended the opening night party met several writers interested in submitting work to us.
"Uncle Silas" won best short at the Albuquerque Film and Music Experience in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This was a New Mexico Film Commission festival. Member and Silas Co-Director/Producer Rebecca Brillhart was on site and made many contacts interested in incentivizing productions to come film in New Mexico.
- CollectiveNY Films Committee News
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!
Members Chris Beetem (director "Park Slope Minstrel Show") and Nick Marhsall (producer "Quick Fix") are looking for full lengths screenplays in the genre of "Psychological Thriller" for a film funding opportunity they have. Email CollectiveNYFilms@gmail.com if you have any scripts to submit. Looking for economical scripts that take place in minimal locations.
3 // KEEP UP with MEMBER UPDATES
- Ensemble Member Laith Nakli is back in Texas wrapping up the National Geographic Series "The Long Road Home." The series co-stars frequent C:10 attendee, Michael Kelly and May Calamawy who appeared in our November "We the People" series.
- Ensemble Member Michael Abbott Jr. appears in the film "And Then I Go." http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/15/and-then-i-go-melanie-lynskey-justin-long/
- SCHEDULE YOUR MEMBERSHIP MEETING!
- Please Email Collectivemembership@gmail.com to schedule your Membership meeting if you have not yet had one.
- We want to wrap up final meetings between 5-7pm this Monday. Your meeting is imperative to understand how the re-organization works and to be fully included on the website re-launch.
- SCHEDULE YOUR MEMBERSHIP MEETING!
All membership updates need to be sent in by the Tuesday EOD deadline. If you do not submit by then it will go on the following week's newsletter (unless the date makes it obsolete). Members please report updates and "book out" by sending an email to email@example.com
- See a calendar of Member events outside The Collective, PLUS Member recommendations for things to do and see. View the External Events Calendar
4 // THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX and GET SOME FACE TIME
SPACE...HELP!!!We LOST OUR SPACE FOR C:10.5.
- WE WONT HAVE A C:10 UNLESS WE HAVE A SPACE TO DO IT
- We are looking for a new venue for our C:10.5 production this Fall.
- If you have any leads on theaters or other non-traditional spaces that could be used...
- The C:10 Production Team (Ava, Brian H., David J., Sayra and Robert) will have information about which spaces have already been contacted, and can follow up with any new leads.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Collective Membership Committee weekly meeting is Mondays from 6-7pm, prior to the Monday session, in the Collective office. The doors are always open for any Member to participate. Ask questions, complain, compliment, give feedback, get more information about Collective activities, process, procedures, etc. -- anything. Check in with us.
5 // HAVE NEWS? LET US KNOW.
Deadline: Tuesdays, end of day
- DON'T FORGET TO SEND US YOUR NEWS SO EVERYONE IS IN THE KNOW!
- If you have updates, news, a show or event to announce, or a question to pose to the larger group of company members, please submit your requests each week by end of day Tuesday (latest) for possible inclusion in the weekly newsletter. (Not all information submitted will appear in the newsletter.)
- If you have questions or problems using the form to submit OR regarding communications in general:
- Member updates are curated by the Membership Committee, and not all updates submitted will appear in the newsletter.